ADDING A MEET TO DIRECTATHLETICS1) Log in to your DirectAthletics coach or admin account. All college and junior college coaches have permissions to collect entries and upload meet results. If you are a timer or meet host and don’t have a DirectAthletics Admin account, please email us at email@example.com.
2) Go the MEET MANAGER tab
3) Click Create New Meet.
4) Set the meet name, date, and entry attributes.
ADDING A MEET TO TFRRS
We encourage you to upload meet results to the same DirectAthletics meet that you used to download entries/rosters. As needed, however, meet results can be uploaded via a TFRRS meet director/timer account.
1) Login to your Meet Director/Timer account at the top left of this page. If you don't have an account, you can create one HERE.
2) Click "Create Meet"
3) Add your Meet Name, Sport, Meet Date(s), Venue, and confirm whether the meet is eligible for NCAA championship consideration.
4) Click "Submit"
UPLOADING MEET RESULTS USING MEETPRO
1) Open your MeetPro database for the completed meet you would like to upload.
2) If your meet is on DirectAthletics, open the “DirectAthletics” menu and select “Login”. If your meet is on TFRRS, open the "TFRRS" menu and select "Login". Enter your username and password and click "OK".
3) Select the corresponding meet and click "Upload Results".
UPLOADING MEET RESULTS USING HY-TEK
1) Open your Hy-Tek database for the completed meet you would like to upload.
2) Click File, Export, Results for Team Manager.
3) Click "OK" and your meet results will export.
4) Save the exported .TCL/zip file to your hard drive or disk.
5) Login to your DirectAthletics admin account or TFRRS meet director/timer account and click the Upload Results link next to the meet you are uploading.
UPLOADING MEET RESULTS USING CSV FORMAT
If you do not use MeetPro or Hy-Tek's MEET MANAGER, you can upload meet results to TFRRS in a CSV (comma-separated values) file format.
If you or your meet management software would like to use the CSV file format, you can find the spec for TFRRS CSV Results files HERE.
TFRRS roster data is only available via DirectAthletics’ meet entry system at www.directathletics.com. There is no cost to collect meet entries or download rosters for college and junior college meets.
If you are collecting meet entries on DirectAthletics, complete TFRRS rosters and TFRRS IDs will download automatically with your meet entries.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
This section answers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about how the Track & Field Results Reporting System (TFRRS) works for meet directors and timers. If you have any questions about uploading meet results to TFRRS or meet director/timer procedures for using TFRRS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) How do meet results get uploaded to TFRRS?
When possible, meet hosts/timers should upload meet results directly to the same DirectAthletics meet they used to download entries.
Alternatively, meet results can be uploaded via TFRRS. (Note: that meet results should be uploaded to DA or TFRRS, but not both)
MeetPro users can upload results directly from the software via the DirectAthletics or TFRRS menus.
Meet hosts using Hy-Tek's MEET MANAGER can upload meet results to DA or TFRRS by uploading an exported Hy-Tek TCL results file.
Users of other meet management software can upload a CSV results file in our standardized TFRRS CSV format.
2) As a meet director/timer, do I need an account to upload meet results to TFRRS?
Yes. Most users will upload results using the same DirectAthletics account that they used to download entries. Simply upload your meet results to DA, and the results will automatically sync to TFRRS.
As an alternative, you can upload meet results directly to TFRRS using a TFRRS Meet Director/Timer account. Click HERE to create a TFRRS meet director account.
Accounts ensure that only certified meet hosts and timers can submit meet results to TFRRS and allow the site administrators to contact the "owner" of the results easily. Accounts also allow meet directors/timers to make corrections to previously submitted meet results.
3) What happens if I need to correct meet results I have already submitted to TFRRS?
To make corrections to meet results that have already been submitted, you should make the corrections in your meet management software and re-upload the results to the same DirectAthletics or TFRRS meet as the previous version. The new, amended meet results will replace the previous version.
4) When I report my meet results, how will TFRRS match my results to each athlete?
Each institution is responsible for registering its roster(s) with DirectAthletics/TFRRS before the start of competition. Internal IDs are used by DirectAthletics to track athlete data as it flows through timing systems and back to our database.
5) What is the purpose of the TFRRS ID?
The TFRRS database is responsible for tracking and compiling millions of performances each year. In order to efficiently and accurately track performances, DirectAthletics uses unique, internal identifiers. These IDs eliminate results matching errors and allow for quick and easy uploading for timers.
6) Do I need to download IDs for each meet I time?
Yes. Effective December 7, 2023, all IDs downloaded from DirectAthletics are single-meet IDs and not transportable from meet to meet; entry downloads for each meet will contain valid IDs for tracking results for that meet only.
IDs downloaded before December 7, 2023 are no longer valid.
7) I use DirectAthletics to collect my meet entries. Will TFRRS IDs download automatically with my entries?
Yes. Like always, all TFRRS-registered athletes entered into meets on DirectAthletics will download with a valid ID.